After an inspection of our facility in April of 2012 by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Comission (CPSC), Inspectors commented that they considered Quality Mattress Company to be exemplary in our production process, product handling, and recordkeeping.
In what they considered a very thorough and complete inspection, the inspectors for the CPCS Office of Compliance noted that this was the first inspection that they had conducted where they were able to establish a perfectly clear and traceable path of components all the way from the suppliers through the production process in the factory and to the customer. They remarked that our procedures could serve as an example for the industry.
Quality Mattress Company has long been a pioneer in producing flame-safe mattresses, having designed and introduced our first open flame retardant mattress designs in the mid 1970's.
With the advent of the latest open flame standard in 2007 (16 C.F.R. Part 1633), Quality Mattress Co. was able to capitalize on our extensive knowledge in flame-safe bedding to develop and produce a broad range of fully qualified prototypes. This depth of designs allows us to produce bedding of virtually any configuration of innerspring, foam, and fiber combinations.
Our offerings encompass a wide range of FR compliant bedding products for the Home, Commercial, Institutional and Industrial Marketplace,
as well as for the Transportation and Maritime Industries.
Flammability Standards include the following:
• Consumer Product Safety Commission CFR 16 Part 1633 Open Flame Standard
• Consumer Product Safety Commission CFR 16 Part 1632 Cigarette Standard
• Department of Transportation - DOT MVSS 302 Flammable Materials Standard
• US Coast Guard CFR Part 46 Mattress Flammability Standard
• International Maritime Organization IMO Res A.1688 (17) Standard for Bedding
• NFPA 101 Life Safety Code for Health Care and other Residence Facilities